Top Barton County Public High Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 public high schools in Barton County, MO, serving 653 students.
- Barton County, MO public high school have an average math proficiency score of 68% (versus the Missouri public high school average of 58%), and reading proficiency score of 75% (versus the 59% statewide average). High schools in Barton County have an average ranking in the top 5% of Missouri public high schools.
- Barton County, MO public high school have a Graduation Rate of 83%, which is less than the Missouri average of 89%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Lamar High School, with 85-89% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Missouri or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Missouri public high school average of 26% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Missouri public high school average of 14:1.
Top Barton County Public High Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Golden City High School 1208 Walnut St
Golden City, MO 64748
Grades: 7-12 | 97 students
- Lamar Careertechnical Center 202 W 7th
Lamar, MO 64759
Grades: 9-12 | n/a students
- Lamar High School 202 W 7th
Lamar, MO 64759
Grades: 9-12 | 407 students
- Liberal High School205 N Payne
Liberal, MO 64762
Grades: 9-12 | 149 students
Although Chicago public schools opened for the start of the 2012 - 2013 school year, a possible teacher's strike may grind the entire district to a halt just a week later. Stay abreast of the negotiations and the backup plans the district has made to keep schools open, even without teachers on campus.
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Learn about the recent vote by the Indiana School Board to allow a state takeover of four Indiana schools beginning next school year.