Top Barton County Public Middle Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 public middle schools in Barton County, MO, serving 454 students.
- Barton County, MO public middle school have an average math proficiency score of 41% (versus the Missouri public middle school average of 39%), and reading proficiency score of 61% (versus the 59% statewide average). Middle schools in Barton County have an average ranking in the top 50% of Missouri public middle schools.
- Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Missouri public middle school average of 27% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the Missouri public middle school average of 13:1.
Top Barton County Public Middle Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Golden City High School 1208 Walnut St
Golden City, MO 64748
Grades: 7-12 | 97 students
- Lamar Middle School 202 W 7th
Lamar, MO 64759
Grades: 6-8 | 268 students
- Liberal Middle School 205 N Payne
Liberal, MO 64762
Grades: 6-8 | 89 students
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.