Mitchell Elementary School
- Mitchell Elementary School's student population of 353 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||353 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mitchell Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,263 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#209 out of 1263 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Gadsden City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gadsden Gadsden City High School Grades: 9-12 | 1524 students
1917 Black Creek Parkway
Gadsden, AL 35904
(256)543-3614 1.1 9-12 1524
- Gadsden Floyd Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 323 students
601 Black Creek Rd
Gadsden, AL 35904
(256)546-0836 1.2 PK-5 323
- Gadsden Gadsden City Alternative School Grades: 6-12
607 S 12th St
Gadsden, AL 35901
(256)547-5446 1.8 6-12 n/a
- Gadsden Therapeutic Academic Program Grades: 1-5
201 College St
Gadsden, AL 35902
(256)549-2961 1.8 1-5 n/a
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.