Moody Elementary School
Moody Elementary School serves 788 students in grades Prekindergarten-3.
Moody Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 70% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 56% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).
Moody Elementary School's student population of 788 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
The teacher population of 58 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
View the Moody Elementary School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
First Day for Students with Last Name A-K Only
August 10, 2022 (Wednesday)
First Day for Students with Last Name L-Z Only
August 11, 2022 (Thursday)
Labor Day (School Closed)
September 05, 2022 (Monday)
Fall Break (School Closed)
October 10, 2022 (Monday)
Veterans' Day (School Closed)
November 11, 2022 (Friday)
Moody Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,263 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Moody Elementary School is 0.41, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (AL)
Overall Testing Rank
#189 out of 1263 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) NCES, AL Dept. of Education
Review Moody Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
School Safety: Shootings
Teachers and parents must be prepared for anything that impacts the safety of our young people.
What are the Top High Schools in Boston?
We review recent rankings from Boston Magazine that shows the top-rated high schools in this extensive school district.
An Overview of the Funding of Public Schools
Learn about how public schools are funded today and how the federal and local monies are allocated.