Leeds Elementary School
Leeds Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Leeds Elementary School's student population of 495 students has declined by 44% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 64% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-5|
|Total Students||495 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Leeds Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 28:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#746 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Leeds City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gadsden Leeds Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 423 students
1771 Whitmire Street
Gadsden, AL 35904
(205)699-4505 1.1 5-8 423
- Leeds Leeds Primary School Grades: PK-2 | 569 students
991 Park Drive
Leeds, AL 35094
(205)702-4206 1.6 PK-2 569
- Moody Moody Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 876 students
1006 H L Blocker Cir
Moody, AL 35004
(205)640-2180 3.8 PK-3 876
- Moody Moody Middle School Grades: 4-6 | 592 students
696 High School Drive
Moody, AL 35004
(205)640-2190 3.8 4-6 592
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.