Moreno High (Continuation School)
Moreno High (Continuation School) places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Moreno High (Continuation School)'s student population of 12 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 2 teachers has grown by 100% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||12 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Moreno High (Continuation School) is ranked within the top 30% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
- The school district of Moreno High (Continuation School) is Beverly Hills Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Beverly Hills Unified School District's student population of 4,125 students has decreased by 8% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 98% has increased from 95% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $15,146 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 24% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,755 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 11% over four school years.
|School District Name||Beverly Hills Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||4,125||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$68 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$67 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$15,146||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,755||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hawthorne Executive Preparatory Academy Of Finance Grades: 9-12 | 202 students
2506 W. Imperial Hwy.
Hawthorne, CA 90250
(323)756-1426 0.3 9-12 202
- Beverly Hills El Rodeo Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 684 students
605 N. Whittier Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(310)229-3670 0.4 K-8 684
- Beverly Hills Beverly Vista Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 690 students
200 S. Elm Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310)229-3665 0.9 K-8 690
- Beverly Hills Hawthorne Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 650 students
624 N. Rexford Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(310)229-3675 1.1 K-8 650
The adjustment from middle school to high school can be a huge challenge for some students. We’ll offer tips for parents to help them help their kids adjust to the new school environment and academic standards.
With schools nationwide adopting common core standards, we’ll take a look at what they are, their benefits, and how they will change the face of public education.
We report on Hawaii’s stellar progress in its Race to the Top efforts and how the support of one philanthropic organization on the Islands is contributing to that success.