Murray Manor Elementary School
Murray Manor Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Murray Manor Elementary School's student population of 709 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||709 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Murray Manor Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9,584 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 28:1 has decreased from 30:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#2293 out of 9584 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||La Mesa-Spring Valley School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Magnolia Science Academy San Diego Grades: 6-8 | 404 students
6525 Estrella Ave.
San Diego, CA 92120
(619)644-1300 0.7 6-8 404
- San Diego Benchley/weinberger Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 559 students
6269 Twin Lake Dr.
San Diego, CA 92119
(619)463-9271 0.8 K-5 559
- San Diego Pershing Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 673 students
8204 San Carlos Dr.
San Diego, CA 92119
(619)465-3234 0.9 6-8 673
- La Mesa Parkway Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 838 students
9009 Park Plaza Dr.
La Mesa, CA 91941
(619)668-5810 1.0 7-8 838
- La Mesa College Preparatory Middle - East County Grades: 5-8 | 239 students
5150 Jackson Dr.
La Mesa, CA 91942
(619)303-2782 1.2 5-8 239
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.