New Kent Elementary School
- New Kent Elementary School's student population of 754 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 46 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||754 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- New Kent Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#639 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New Kent Co Pblc Schs School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Kent Bridging Communities Regional Career & Technical Center
7930 New Chipping Lane
New Kent, VA 23124
(804)966-8575 0.1 n/a n/a
- New Kent New Kent High School Grades: 9-12 | 985 students
7365 Egypt Rd
New Kent, VA 23124
(804)966-9671 0.5 9-12 985
- Quinton George W. Watkins Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 710 students
6501 New Kent Hwy
Quinton, VA 23141
(804)966-9660 4.8 PK-5 710
- West Point West Point High School Grades: 9-12 | 294 students
2700 Mattaponi Ave
West Point, VA 23181
(804)843-3630 10.4 9-12 294
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.