Altmar-parish-williamstown Central School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Altmar-parish-williamstown Central School District serving 1,229 students in Parish, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 4% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Altmar-parish-williamstown Central School District (2020)
|School District Name||Altmar-parish-williamstown Central School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,229 students|
|# of Teachers||96 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||579 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||650 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||17 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||9 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,175 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||20 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||56|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||73|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||80|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||88|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||83|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||99|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||94|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||91|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||100|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||93|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||101|
|# of Ungraded Students:||16|
- Altmar-parish-williamstown Central School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 771 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-84% has increased from 75-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $21,502 in this school district is less than the state average of $31,520. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $19,515 is less than the state average of $32,967. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|Total Revenue||$29 MM||$29 MM|
|Spending||$26 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$21,502||$31,520|
|Spending / Student||$19,515||$32,967|
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.