Future Leaders Institute Charter School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Future Leaders Institute Charter School District serving 377 students in New York, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Future Leaders Institute Charter School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- New York Future Leaders Institute Charter School 134 W 122nd St
New York, NY 10027
Grades: K-8 | 377 students
|School District Name||Future Leaders Institute Charter School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||377 students|
|# of Teachers||33 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||185 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||192 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||55 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||314 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3 students|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||33|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||47|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||47|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||49|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||34|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Future Leaders Institute Charter School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 904 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2013-2014 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.