Newbern Elementary School
- Newbern Elementary School's student population of 590 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||590 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Newbern Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall School Rank||#129 out of 573 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dyer County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newbern Northview Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 450 students
820 Williams St
Newbern, TN 38059
(731)627-3713 1.3 6-8 450
- Dyersburg Fifth Consolidated School Grades: PK-5 | 526 students
2150 Millsfield Hw
Dyersburg, TN 38024
(731)285-2840 7.0 PK-5 526
- Trimble Trimble Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 171 students
256 College St
Trimble, TN 38259
(731)297-5512 7.1 PK-5 171
- Dyersburg Dyersburg Primary Grades: PK-2 | 785 students
1425 Frank Maynard Dr
Dyersburg, TN 38024
(731)286-3615 7.3 PK-2 785
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.