Top Tennessee Vocational Public Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 5 top vocational public schools in Tennessee.
- Vocational schools offer a series of courses which directly prepare individuals in paid or unpaid employment in jobs that have requirements other than a baccalaureate or advanced degree.
- Minority enrollment is 51% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Tennessee state average of 37%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Top Tennessee Vocational Public Schools (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Knoxville Career Magnet Academy 7171 Strawberry Plains Pk
Knoxville, TN 37914
Grades: 9-11 | 265 students
- Huntingdon Carroll Co Technical Center 1235 Buena Vista Rd
Huntingdon, TN 38344
Grades: 11-12 | 4 students
- Portland Middle Technical College High School At Portland 604 South Broadway
Portland, TN 37148
Grades: 11-12 | 17 students
- Wartburg Morgan County Career And Technical Center 132 Flat Fork Rd
Wartburg, TN 37887
Grades: 12 | 11 students
- Memphis New Consortium Of Law Business Ii 62 North Main St
Memphis, TN 38103
Grades: 6-10 | 160 students
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.