Top Avery County Public Middle Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 5 top public middle schools in Avery County, North Carolina, serving 618 students.
- Avery County, NC public schools have a diversity score of 0.25, which is higher than the North Carolina average of 0.00.
- The most diverse school district in Avery County is Grandfather Academy School District. Read more about public school diversity statistics in North Carolina or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 16% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 10:1.
Top Avery County Public Middle Schools (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Newland Avery Middle School102 Old Montezuma Road
Newland, NC 28657
Grades: 6-8 | 290 students
- Newland Blue Ridge Academy 76 Old Montezuma Rd
Newland, NC 28657
Grades: 6-12 | 19 students
- Elk Park Cranberry Middle School6230 North Highway 19e
Elk Park, NC 28622
Grades: 6-8 | 184 students
- Banner Elk Grandfather Academy 158 Grandfather Home Drive
Banner Elk, NC 28604
Grades: 1-12 | 16 students
- Crossnore Williams Academy 129 Allen Circle
Crossnore, NC 28616
Grades: K-12 | 109 students
Learn about the recent vote by the Indiana School Board to allow a state takeover of four Indiana schools beginning next school year.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.