Northumberland Elementary School
- Northumberland Elementary School's student population of 598 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||598 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Northumberland Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#384 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Northumberland County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Heathsville Northumberland Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 285 students
175 Academic Lane
Heathsville, VA 22473
(804) 580-5753 0.6 6-8 285
- Heathsville Northumberland High School Grades: 9-12 | 431 students
201 Academic Lane
Heathsville, VA 22473
(804) 580-5192 2.4 9-12 431
- Lancaster Lancaster Primary Grades: PK-3 | 394 students
36 Primary School Circle
Lancaster, VA 22503
(804) 462-5100 10.8 PK-3 394
- Kilmarnock Lancaster Middle School Grades: 4-8 | 395 students
191 School Street
Kilmarnock, VA 22482
(804) 462-5100 13.8 4-8 395
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.