- Northview Intermediate's student population of 516 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Total Students||516 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Northview Intermediate is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has increased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Northview Intermediate is Duarte Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Duarte Unified School District's student population of 3,847 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,215 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,475 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 12% over four school years.
|School District Name||Duarte Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||3,847||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$38 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$39 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,215||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$10,475||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Duarte Duarte High School Grades: 9-12 | 944 students
1565 E. Central Ave.
Duarte, CA 91010
(626)599-5700 0.3 9-12 944
- Duarte Mt. Olive Innovation And Technology High School Grades: 9-12 | 60 students
1400 Mt. Olive Dr.
Duarte, CA 91010
(626)599-5900 0.7 9-12 60
- Pasadena Opportunities For Learning - Duarte Grades: 7-12 | 365 students
1008 Hntngtn Dr.
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)921-8200 1.0 7-12 365
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.