- Nyc Ischool's student population of 449 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||449 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Nyc Ischool's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#168 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic # 2 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Nyc Ischool is Chelsea Career And Technical Education High School (0.0 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is I.S. 289 (0.7 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is P.S. 130 Hernando De Soto (0.5 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Chelsea Career And Technical Education High School Grades: 9-12 | 425 students
131 Ave Of The Americas
New York, NY 10013
(212)925-1080 0.0 9-12 425
- New York Unity Center For Urban Technologies Grades: 9-12 | 254 students
111 E 33rd St
New York, NY 10016
(212)576-0530 0.0 9-12 254
- New York High School 560 City-as-school Grades: 9-12 | 507 students
16 Clarkson St
New York, NY 10014
(212)337-6894 0.3 9-12 507
- New York P.S. 721 Manhattan Occupational Training Center Grades: 9-12 | 169 students
250 W Houston St
New York, NY 10014
(212)675-7926 0.3 9-12 169
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.