Chelsea Career And Technical Education High School
Chelsea Career And Technical Education High School places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Chelsea Career And Technical Education High School's student population of 425 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Vocational school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||425 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Chelsea Career And Technical Education High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 4,239 schools in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#156 out of 4239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic District # 2 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Nyc Ischool Grades: 9-12 | 449 students
131 Ave Of The Americas
New York, NY 10013
(347)254-0102 0.0 9-12 449
- New York Unity Center For Urban Technologies Grades: 9-12 | 254 students
111 E 33rd St
New York, NY 10016
(212)576-0530 0.0 9-12 254
- New York High School 560 City-as-school Grades: 9-12 | 507 students
16 Clarkson St
New York, NY 10014
(212)337-6894 0.3 9-12 507
- New York P.S. 721 Manhattan Occupational Training Center Grades: 9-12 | 169 students
250 W Houston St
New York, NY 10014
(212)675-7926 0.3 9-12 169
Great vocational school. I went from 2003-2006 as a science/business major. Great location.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Sumi
My son loves this school. This school is the best I have ever experienced from teachers to principal everyone was so nice
- Posted by Parent - Heather Mitchell
my name is nicholas didonato, i was a former student at chelsea vocational from 1965 to 1969. the four years as a student was one of the best experiences of my life. i only wish i could relive those days of my life once again.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - ndido
Nearby Homes for Sale
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.