Near West Intergenerational School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public school in Near West Intergenerational School District, serving 236 students.
- Public school in Near West Intergenerational School District have an average math proficiency score of 62% (versus the Ohio public school average of 62%), and reading proficiency score of 62% (versus the 63% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 50% of public schools in Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 71% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Ohio public school average of 30% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the Ohio public school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Near West Intergenerational School District|
|School District Website||http://www.nearwestschool.org|
|School District Phone Number||(216) 961-4308|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 08|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|# of Schools||1 School||3,601 Schools|
|# of Students||236 Students||1,702,421 Students|
|# of Teachers||19 Teachers||94,962 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||18:1|
- Near West Intergenerational School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 938 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||2,106 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||40,793 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||62 Students||97,214 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||87 Students||282,328 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||69 Students||1,190,589 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||1,400 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||16 Students||87,863 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||37,419|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||44||122,940|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||40||123,093|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||25||123,824|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||37||131,176|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||35||128,085|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||26||130,789|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||18||129,812|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||6||128,307|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||5||130,455|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||141,022|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||133,403|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||120,595|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||121,451|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||50|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,982 is higher than the state average of $12,577. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,789 is higher than the state average of $11,659. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$1 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,982||$12,577|
|Spending / Student||$13,789||$11,659|
Near West Intergenerational School District Public Schools (2020-21)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Near West Intergenerational School 3805 Terrett Ave
Cleveland, OH 44113
Grades: K-8 | 236 students
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.