New Lexington School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 public elementary schools managed by New Lexington School District serving 1,240 students in Junction City, Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 4% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Ohio state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is less than the state average of 18:1.
New Lexington School District (2020)
|School District Name||New Lexington School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,776 students|
|# of Teachers||108 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||924 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||852 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||24 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||5 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||1,707 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||29 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||28|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||135|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||132|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||130|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||137|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||145|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||131|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||148|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||121|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||133|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||143|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||151|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||112|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||130|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- New Lexington School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 842 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has decreased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,916 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,447. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,143 is less than the state average of $11,715. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$21 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$21 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,916||$12,447|
|Spending / Student||$11,143||$11,715|
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.