Orange Grove High School
Orange Grove High School serves 531 students in grades 9-12.
Orange Grove High School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 70-74% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 50-54% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the Texas state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 60% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Texas state average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
Orange Grove High School's student population of 531 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Orange Grove High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 8,043 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Orange Grove High School is 0.51, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#1430 out of 8043 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, TX Dept. of Education
Review Orange Grove High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Class Size: State Regulation of Class Size
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Smaller Class Sizes: Pros and Cons
Do smaller class sizes make a difference? We look at both sides of the issue.
Class Size: Federal Funding of Class Size Reduction
Learn about how class size reduction is funded on the federal level.