Top Texas Special Education Public Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 12 special education public schools in Texas, serving 1,361 students.
- Minority enrollment is 66% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas public school average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 3:1 is less than the Texas public school average of 15:1.
Top Texas Special Education Public Schools (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Bendwood School 12750 Kimberley
Houston, TX 77024
Grades: PK-K | 37 students
- Callier Center Pre-school Deaf (0-5) 1966 Inwood Rd
Dallas, TX 75235
Grades: PK | 85 students
- Cunningham Special Ed Center 4100 Pool St
Wichita Falls, TX 76308
Grades: PK-4 | 25 students
- Jewel C Wietzel Center 9131 Yett Bldg 4
San Antonio, TX 78221
Grades: 7-12 | 15 students
- Lane School 2001 Aldine Bender Rd
Houston, TX 77032
Grades: PK-12 | 131 students
- Mary Grett School 4402 Castenon
Corpus Christi, TX 78416
Grades: 12 | 82 students
- Project Tyke 1736 Katyland Dr
Katy, TX 77493
Grades: PK | 14 students
- R D S P D 4040 W Fuqua
Houston, TX 77045
Grades: PK | 31 students
- Soar Center 4400 W 18th St
Houston, TX 77027
Grades: PK-12 | 237 students
- Texas School For The Blind 1100 W 45th St
Austin, TX 78756
Grades: 1-12 | 127 students
- Texas School For The Deaf 1102 S Congress Ave
Austin, TX 78704
Grades: PK-12 | 524 students
Budget cuts continue to cripple school districts across the country, forcing some schools to make major cuts creatively. Learn about the current situation and how some public schools are coping with the budget shortfalls.
Since the recession, public school classrooms have seen major budget cuts - and many increases in class sizes. How is the situation in 2011? Read this article to find out.
As the ranks of homeschooled students grow, more parents are advocating for these students to join public school sports teams. Learn about both sides of the raging debate that has sparked controversy in several states.