Orchard Elementary School

  • Orchard Elementary School serves 699 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
  • The percentage of students achieving proficiency in Math is 73% (which is higher than the Washington state average of 51%) for the 2016-17 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in Reading/Language Arts is 74% (which is higher than the Washington state average of 61%) for the 2016-17 school year.
  • Orchard Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Washington for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2016-17 school year.
  • The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the Washington state level of 18:1.
  • Minority enrollment is 32% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Washington state average of 46%.

Top Placements

Orchard Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Washington for:

School Overview

  • Orchard Elementary School's student population of 699 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
  • The teacher population of 37 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
Grades OfferedGrades Prekindergarten-5
Total Students699 students
Total Classroom Teachers37 teachers
Students by GradeThis chart display the students of Orchard Elementary School by grade.

School Comparison

  • Orchard Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 2,028 schools in Washington (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
  • The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
  • The diversity score of Orchard Elementary School is 0.50, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year DataThis SchoolState Level (WA)
Overall School Rank (16-17)#253 out of 2028 schools
(Top 20%)
Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)
73%
51%
Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)
74%
61%
Student : Teacher Ratio19:118:1
Asian
8%
8%
Hispanic
17%
23%
Black
1%
4%
White
68%
54%
Two or more races
6%
8%
All Ethnic GroupsThis chart display the percentage breakdown of students of all ethnic groups in Orchard Elementary School.This chart display the percentage breakdown of public school students of all ethnic groups in WA.
Diversity Score0.500.64
Eligible for Free Lunch
11%
36%
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
2%
7%
School Statewide TestingView Education Department Test Scores
School District NameRichland School District
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, WA Dept. of Education

Nearby Public Schools

Show me:

School Reviews

Review Orchard Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

  • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
  • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities

I am a:

Name or Alias:

Your review:

Rate this school:
Recent Articles
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.