P.S. 16 Leonard Dunkly
- P.S. 16 Leonard Dunkly's student population of 232 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||232 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- P.S. 16 Leonard Dunkly's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#3978 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic #14 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Williamsburg Collegiate Charter School Grades: 5-8 | 329 students
157 Wilson St-4th Fl
Brooklyn, NY 11211
(718)302-4018 0.0 5-8 329
- Brooklyn El Puente Academy For Peace And Justice Grades: 9-12 | 244 students
250 Hooper St
Brooklyn, NY 11211
(718)387-1125 0.3 9-12 244
- Brooklyn Beginning With Children Charter School Ii Grades: K-5 | 298 students
215 Heyward St
Brooklyn, NY 11206
(718)302-7700 0.4 K-5 298
- Brooklyn Brooklyn Arbor Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 601 students
325 S 3rd St
Brooklyn, NY 11238
(718)963-0393 0.4 PK-5 601
PS 16 has a dedicated staff that works hard and are there at the crack of dawn to make sure the day runs smoothly and the instruction is rigorous!! The school offers a wide range of programs from chess, ballroom dancing, as well as instruments and crochet club, at lets not forget the choir and basketball! it's a small school with a home like environment!!,
- Posted by Parent - Elijah jones
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.