P.S. 99 Kew Gardens
P.S. 99 Kew Gardens places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- P.S. 99 Kew Gardens's student population of 807 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||807 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- P.S. 99 Kew Gardens's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#1730 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||NEW YORK CITY GEOGRAPHIC DISTRICT #28 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Flushing North Queens Community High School Grades: 9-12 | 201 students
141-25 77th Rd
Flushing, NY 11367
(718)380-1650 0.7 9-12 201
- Flushing P.S. 164 Queens Valley Grades: PK-8 | 690 students
138-01 77th Ave
Flushing, NY 11367
(718)544-1083 0.7 PK-8 690
- Richmond Hill P.S. 54 Hillside Grades: K-5 | 574 students
86-02 127th St
Richmond Hill, NY 11418
(718)849-0962 0.7 K-5 574
- Forest Hills P.S. 101 School In The Gardens Grades: PK-6 | 663 students
2 Russell Pl
Forest Hills, NY 11375
(718)268-7230 0.8 PK-6 663
- Jamaica P.S. 117 J Keld/briarwood School Grades: PK-5 | 1048 students
85-15 143rd St
Jamaica, NY 11435
(718)526-4780 0.8 PK-5 1048
As homework becomes a more rigorous part of today's classrooms, learn how you can encourage and support your child to excel in their homework habits.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.