Philip Magruder Middle School
Top Placements (California)
Philip Magruder Middle School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Philip Magruder Middle School's student population of 585 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||585 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Philip Magruder Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 28:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Philip Magruder Middle School is Torrance Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Torrance Unified School District's student population of 23,775 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $8,925 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,361 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 15% over four school years.
|School District Name||Torrance Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||23,775||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$217 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$228 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$8,925||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$9,361||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Torrance Edison Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 494 students
3800 182nd St
Torrance, CA 90504
(310)533-4513 0.4 K-5 494
- Torrance North High School Grades: 9-12 | 1901 students
3620 W. 182nd St.
Torrance, CA 90504
(310)533-4412 0.6 9-12 1901
- Torrance Yukon Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 298 students
17815 Yukon Ave.
Torrance, CA 90504
(310)533-4477 0.7 K-5 298
- Lawndale South Bay Academy Community Day Grades: 9-12 | 13 students
4409 Redondo Beach Blvd.
Lawndale, CA 90260
(424)255-4066 0.9 9-12 13
- Redondo Beach Adams Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 994 students
2600 Ripley Ave.
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
(310)798-8636 1.1 6-8 994
This school has really improved! Their test scores are on the move, the teachers are outstanding, and the administration is really working hard!
- Posted by Parent - miste
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.