Pine Creek 6-8
Pine Creek 6-8 serves 15 students in grades 6-8.
Pine Creek 6-8 placed in the top 30% of all schools in Montana for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is ≥50% (which is higher than the Montana state average of 42%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is ≥50% (which is equal to the Montana state average of 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the Montana state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Montana state average of 22% (majority American Indian).
- Grades: 6-8
- Students: 15 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 7%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in MT
- Math Proficiency: ≥50% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: ≥50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MT Dept. of Education
Pine Creek 6-8's student population of 15 students has grown by 275% over five school years.
The teacher population of 1 teachers has declined by 50% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Pine Creek 6-8 is ranked within the top 30% of all 715 schools in Montana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Pine Creek 6-8 is 0.13, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.38. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (MT)
Overall Testing Rank
#157 out of 715 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MT Dept. of Education
Review Pine Creek 6-8. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.
June 24, 2022School Safety: Shootings
Teachers and parents must be prepared for anything that impacts the safety of our young people.