Puc Excel Charter Academy
Puc Excel Charter Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Puc Excel Charter Academy's student population of 309 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||309 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Puc Excel Charter Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,584 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#6858 out of 9584 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Puc Excel Charter Academy is Alliance Susan And Eric Smidt Technology High School (0.4 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Alliance College-ready Middle Academy 5 (0.8 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Puc Milagro Charter (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burbank Puc Milagro Charter Grades: K-5 | 288 students
1855 N. Main St.
Burbank, CA 91504
(323)223-1786 0.0 K-5 288
- Los Angeles Albion Street Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 227 students
322 S. Ave. 18
Los Angeles, CA 90031
(323)221-3108 0.2 K-6 227
- Los Angeles Alliance Susan And Eric Smidt Technology High School Grades: 9-12 | 540 students
211 S. Ave. 20
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(323)352-3206 0.4 9-12 540
- Los Angeles Griffin Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 443 students
2025 Griffin Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90031
(323)222-8131 0.5 K-5 443
- Los Angeles Ann Street Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 99 students
126 E. Bloom St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(323)221-3194 0.6 K-6 99
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.