New Shoreham School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public elementary school in New Shoreham School District, serving 120 students.
- Public elementary school in New Shoreham School District have an average math proficiency score of 35% (versus the Rhode Island public elementary school average of 27%), and reading proficiency score of 65% (versus the 34% statewide average). This district's average elementary school ranking is in the top 30% of public elementary schools in Rhode Island.
- Minority enrollment is 23% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Rhode Island public elementary school average of 44% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 5:1 is less than the Rhode Island public elementary school average of 14:1.
|School District Name||New Shoreham School District|
|School District Phone Number||(401) 466-7727|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (RI)|
|# of Schools||1 School||235 Schools|
|# of Students||120 Students||95,336 Students|
|# of Teachers||23 Teachers||6,877 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1||14:1|
- New Shoreham School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 49 school districts in Rhode Island (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (RI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||701 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||3,305 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||24 Students||24,814 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||8,361 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||92 Students||53,559 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 Students||177 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 Students||4,419 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||1,703|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||8||9,635|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||10||10,267|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||10||10,389|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||8||10,517|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||8||10,936|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||5||11,047|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||6||10,830|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||9||9,641|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||9||9,675|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||13||197|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||12||178|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||14||165|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||8||156|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $42,982 is higher than the state average of $23,224. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $44,723 is higher than the state average of $24,904. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (RI)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$30 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$32 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$42,982||$23,224|
|Spending / Student||$44,723||$24,904|
New Shoreham School District Public Elementary Schools (2020-21)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Block Island School Block Island School, High Stre
Block Island, RI 02807
Grades: K-12 | 120 students
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.