Top Rhode Island Alternative Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 5 top alternative public schools in Rhode Island, serving 1,342 students.
- Alternative schools aim to help students whose needs may not be successfully met in regular schools.
- Students who attend alternative schools and may be at risk of educational failure (as indicated by poor grades, truancy, disruptive behavior, pregnancy, or similar factors associated with temporary or permanent withdrawal from school).
- Minority enrollment is 90% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Rhode Island state average of 41%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Top Rhode Island Alternative Public Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Providence Academy For Career Exploration 155 Harrison Street
Providence, RI 02907
Grades: 9-12 | 201 students
- Cranston Dcyf Alternative Ed. Program High School 57 Power Road
Cranston, RI 02920
Grades: 8-12 | 65 students
- Wood River Junction The R.Y.S.E School 459 Switch Road
Wood River Junction, RI 02894
Grades: 2-12 | 55 students
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.