Richland High School
- School Type: Magnet School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 1,394 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 90%
- Graduation Rate: 82% (Btm 50% in SC)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30%
- Math Proficiency: 58% (Top 30%)
- Reading Proficiency: 67% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), SC Dept. of Education
Richland High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in South Carolina for:
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Richland High School's ranking?
Richland High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in South Carolina for: Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
58% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 46% SC state average), while 67% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% SC state average).
What is the graduation rate of Richland High School?
The graduation rate of Richland High School is 82%, which is lower than the South Carolina state average of 84%.
How many students attend Richland High School?
1,394 students attend Richland High School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
65% of Richland High School students are Black, 19% of students are Hispanic, 10% of students are White, 3% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Richland High School?
Richland High School has a student ration of 15:1, which is higher than the South Carolina state average of 14:1.
What grades does Richland High School offer ?
Richland High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Richland High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities