Dent Middle School
- School Type: Magnet School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 1,196 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 86%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in SC
- Math Proficiency: 34% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 42% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), SC Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
34% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 46% SC state average), while 42% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% SC state average).
How many students attend Dent Middle School?
1,196 students attend Dent Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
61% of Dent Middle School students are Black, 16% of students are Hispanic, 14% of students are White, 5% of students are Asian, and 4% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Dent Middle School?
Dent Middle School has a student ration of 14:1, which is equal to the South Carolina state average of 14:1.
What grades does Dent Middle School offer ?
Dent Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Dent Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities