Top South Carolina Public Schools
- South Carolina is the #31 largest school system in the United States, serving 763,189 students across the top 1,262 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- South Carolina public schools have a diversity score of 0.42, which is higher than the national average of 0.32.
- The most diverse school district in South Carolina is South Carolina/ft.
- Stewart/cuba School District. Read more about public school diversity statistics in South Carolina or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 48% (majority Black) and the student:teacher ratio is 16:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(SC) School Average
Two or more races
Top South Carolina Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 10 Schools3,221 Students39% Minority
- 40 Schools24,309 Students47% Minority
- 4 Schools1,265 Students98% Minority
- 48 Schools27,210 Students33% Minority
- 6 Schools2,132 Students72% Minority
- 11 Schools3,879 Students61% Minority
- 38 Schools23,291 Students57% Minority
- 44 Schools34,953 Students49% Minority
- 2 Schools1,122 Students85% Minority
- 81 Schools45,766 Students49% Minority
- 19 Schools9,019 Students35% Minority
- 12 Schools5,201 Students53% Minority
- 16 Schools7,289 Students48% Minority
- 14 Schools5,218 Students67% Minority
- 10 Schools5,887 Students57% Minority
- 23 Schools10,323 Students59% Minority
- 12 Schools5,924 Students63% Minority
- 35 Schools29,399 Students49% Minority
- 10 Schools4,093 Students48% Minority
- 9 Schools3,040 Students87% Minority
- 42 Schools23,374 Students61% Minority
- 16 Schools8,631 Students48% Minority
- 107 Schools82,308 Students43% Minority
- 22 Schools11,732 Students50% Minority
- 10 Schools3,177 Students67% Minority
- 54 Schools43,337 Students37% Minority
- 7 Schools3,386 Students84% Minority
- 20 Schools12,017 Students45% Minority
- 23 Schools13,577 Students39% Minority
- 14 Schools8,484 Students45% Minority
- 6 Schools1,897 Students92% Minority
- 73 Schools50,875 Students34% Minority
- 11 Schools4,995 Students79% Minority
- 8 Schools4,118 Students71% Minority
- 4 Schools846 Students81% Minority
- 14 Schools5,399 Students51% Minority
- 18 Schools10,476 Students23% Minority
- 33 Schools14,279 Students80% Minority
- 29 Schools17,826 Students19% Minority
- 97 Schools65,783 Students68% Minority
- 6 Schools2,707 Students61% Minority
- 85 Schools48,772 Students40% Minority
- 30 Schools17,645 Students69% Minority
- 9 Schools4,093 Students44% Minority
- 15 Schools5,362 Students88% Minority
- 64 Schools45,375 Students36% Minority
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.