Top South Carolina Public Schools
- South Carolina is the #31 largest school system in the United States, serving 763,189 students across the top 1,262 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- South Carolina public schools have a diversity score of 0.42, which is higher than the national average of 0.32.
- The most diverse school district in South Carolina is South Carolina/ft.
- Stewart/cuba School District. Read more about public school diversity statistics in South Carolina or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 48% (majority Black) and the student:teacher ratio is 16:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(SC) School Average
Two or more races
Top South Carolina Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 10 Schools3,221 Students39% Minority
- 40 Schools24,309 Students47% Minority
- 4 Schools1,265 Students98% Minority
- 48 Schools27,210 Students33% Minority
- 6 Schools2,132 Students72% Minority
- 11 Schools3,879 Students61% Minority
- 38 Schools23,291 Students57% Minority
- 44 Schools34,953 Students49% Minority
- 2 Schools1,122 Students85% Minority
- 81 Schools45,766 Students49% Minority
- 19 Schools9,019 Students35% Minority
- 12 Schools5,201 Students53% Minority
- 16 Schools7,289 Students48% Minority
- 14 Schools5,218 Students67% Minority
- 10 Schools5,887 Students57% Minority
- 23 Schools10,323 Students59% Minority
- 12 Schools5,924 Students63% Minority
- 35 Schools29,399 Students49% Minority
- 10 Schools4,093 Students48% Minority
- 9 Schools3,040 Students87% Minority
- 42 Schools23,374 Students61% Minority
- 16 Schools8,631 Students48% Minority
- 107 Schools82,308 Students43% Minority
- 22 Schools11,732 Students50% Minority
- 10 Schools3,177 Students67% Minority
- 54 Schools43,337 Students37% Minority
- 7 Schools3,386 Students84% Minority
- 20 Schools12,017 Students45% Minority
- 23 Schools13,577 Students39% Minority
- 14 Schools8,484 Students45% Minority
- 6 Schools1,897 Students92% Minority
- 73 Schools50,875 Students34% Minority
- 11 Schools4,995 Students79% Minority
- 8 Schools4,118 Students71% Minority
- 4 Schools846 Students81% Minority
- 14 Schools5,399 Students51% Minority
- 18 Schools10,476 Students23% Minority
- 33 Schools14,279 Students80% Minority
- 29 Schools17,826 Students19% Minority
- 98 Schools65,960 Students68% Minority
- 6 Schools2,707 Students61% Minority
- 85 Schools48,772 Students40% Minority
- 30 Schools17,645 Students69% Minority
- 9 Schools4,093 Students44% Minority
- 15 Schools5,362 Students88% Minority
- 64 Schools45,375 Students36% Minority
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.