Ridgedale Alternative School
- Ridgedale Alternative School's student population of 76 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 21% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||76 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ridgedale Alternative School's student:teacher ratio of 3:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall School Rank||#129 out of 573 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Knox County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Knoxville Amherst Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 817 students
5101 Schaad Rd
Knoxville, TN 37931
(865)560-7001 1.5 PK-5 817
- Knoxville Pleasant Ridge Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 380 students
3013 Walnoaks Rd
Knoxville, TN 37921
(865)594-1354 1.6 PK-5 380
- Knoxville Northwest Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 919 students
5301 Pleasant Ridge Rd
Knoxville, TN 37912
(865)594-1345 2.0 6-8 919
- Knoxville Norwood Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 552 students
1909 Merchant Dr
Knoxville, TN 37912
(865)689-1460 2.6 PK-6 552
- Powell Powell Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 889 students
3329 West Emory Rd
Powell, TN 37849
(865)938-9008 2.6 6-8 889
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.