River Bend Elementary School
- River Bend Elementary School's student population of 357 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||357 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- River Bend Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#923 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rockingham Co Pblc Schs School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elkton Elkton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 380 students
302 B Street
Elkton, VA 22827
(540)298-1511 2.0 PK-5 380
- Elkton East Rockingham High School Grades: 9-12 | 720 students
250 Eagle Rock Road
Elkton, VA 22827
(540)298-7450 2.6 9-12 720
- Broadway Elkton Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 470 students
226 Hawks Hill Drive
Broadway, VA 22815
(540)298-1228 2.6 6-8 470
- Mc Gaheysville Mcgaheysville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 292 students
9508 Spotswood Trail
Mc Gaheysville, VA 22840
(540)289-3004 5.5 PK-5 292
- Shenandoah Shenandoah Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 382 students
529 4th Street
Shenandoah, VA 22849
(540)652-8621 6.1 PK-5 382
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.