Robinson Secondary places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 1%)
- Robinson Secondary's student population of 3,918 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 249 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||3,918 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||249 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Robinson Secondary is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,796 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#229 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fairfax County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairfax Bonnie Brae Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 735 students
5420 Sideburn Rd
Fairfax, VA 22032
(703)321-3900 1.1 PK-6 735
- Fairfax Northern Va. Tr. Ctr. E.p Grades: PK-12
9901 Braddock Rd
Fairfax, VA 22032
(703)323-4021 1.3 PK-12 n/a
- Fairfax Station Fairview Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 663 students
5815 Ox Rd
Fairfax Station, VA 22039
(703)503-3700 1.6 PK-6 663
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.