Rocketship Mateo Sheedy Elementary School
- Rocketship Mateo Sheedy Elementary School's student population of 591 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||591 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Rocketship Mateo Sheedy Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 33:1 has decreased from 39:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#3961 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Santa Clara County Office of Education School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Washington Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 467 students
100 Oak St.
San Jose, CA 95110
(408)535-6261 0.3 K-5 467
- San Jose Gardner Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 390 students
502 Illinois Ave.
San Jose, CA 95125
(408)535-6225 0.5 K-5 390
- Redwood City Rocketship Alma Academy Grades: K-5 | 537 students
198 W. Alma Ave.
Redwood City, CA 94065
(408)931-6838 0.7 K-5 537
- San Jose Lowell Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 320 students
625 S. Seventh St.
San Jose, CA 95112
(408)535-6243 0.8 K-5 320
- San Jose River Glen Grades: K-8 | 518 students
San Jose, CA 95125
(408)535-6240 0.9 K-8 518
Nearby Homes for Sale
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.