Roger B Chaffee Elementary School
- Roger B Chaffee Elementary School's student population of 424 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||424 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Roger B Chaffee Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#194 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Huntsville City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntsville Whitesburg Middle School Grades: PK-8 | 1062 students
107 Sanders Rd
Huntsville, AL 35802
(256)428-7780 1.4 PK-8 1062
- Huntsville Mt Gap Middle School Grades: PK-8 | 776 students
821 Mt Gap Rd
Huntsville, AL 35803
(256)428-7720 2.5 PK-8 776
- Huntsville Jones Valley Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 559 students
4908 Garth Rd
Huntsville, AL 35802
(256)428-7220 2.6 PK-6 559
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.