Rose Hill Elementary School
Rose Hill Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Rose Hill Elementary School's student population of 275 students has grown by 19% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has grown by 27% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||275 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Rose Hill Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#385 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||80-84%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (14-15)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lee County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ewing Thomas Walker High School Grades: 8-12 | 304 students
126 Blue Gray Road
Ewing, VA 24248
(276) 445-4111 0.0 8-12 304
- Ewing Elydale Elementary School Grades: 5-7 | 146 students
128 Elydale Road
Ewing, VA 24248
(276) 445-4439 6.8 5-7 146
- Sneedville Hancock County Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 446 students
373 Newman's Ridge Rd
Sneedville, TN 37869
(423) 733-4486 10.3 K-5 446
- Harrogate Forge Ridge School Grades: PK-8 | 242 students
160 Hill Rd
Harrogate, TN 37752
(423) 869-2768 10.9 PK-8 242
- Jonesville Flatwoods Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 428 students
205 Flatwoods School Road
Jonesville, VA 24263
(276) 346-2799 11.2 PK-5 428
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.