Flatwoods Elementary School
Flatwoods Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Flatwoods Elementary School's student population of 449 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has grown by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||449 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Flatwoods Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#890 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||LEE CO PBLC SCHS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jonesville Jonesville Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 212 students
160 Bulldog Circle
Jonesville, VA 24263
(276)346-1011 1.0 6-8 212
- Sneedville Hancock County Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 445 students
373 Newman's Ridge Rd
Sneedville, TN 37869
(423)733-4486 7.1 K-5 445
- Jonesville Lee High School Grades: 9-12 | 674 students
200 Generals Lane
Jonesville, VA 24263
(276)346-0173 7.9 9-12 674
- Ben Hur Lee County Career & Technical Center
181 Vo-tech Drive
Ben Hur, VA 24218
(276)346-1960 8.1 n/a n/a
- Cawood Cawood Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 291 students
51 Nola St
Cawood, KY 40815
(606)573-2502 8.2 PK-8 291
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.