St. Charles Elementary School
St. Charles Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- St. Charles Elementary School's student population of 188 students has grown by 27% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||188 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- St. Charles Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#522 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||90-94%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (14-15)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lee County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ben Hur Lee County Career & Technical Center
181 Vo-tech Drive
Ben Hur, VA 24218
(276) 346-1960 5.2 n/a n/a
- Jonesville Lee High School Grades: 9-12 | 666 students
200 Generals Lane
Jonesville, VA 24263
(276) 346-0173 5.3 9-12 666
- Dryden Dryden Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 319 students
176 School House Ridge Road
Dryden, VA 24243
(276) 546-4443 6.7 PK-5 319
- Evarts Black Mountain Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 317 students
1555 Hwy 215
Evarts, KY 40828
(606) 837-2214 7.2 PK-8 317
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.