S T E M Academy
- Grades: 7-8
- Enrollment: 190 students
- Minority Enrollment: 99%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in IL
- Math Proficiency: ≤5% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 20-24% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IL Dept. of Education
S T E M Academy ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is S T E M Academy's ranking?
S T E M Academy ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for: Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%) and Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
≤5% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 28% IL state average), while 20-24% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 32% IL state average).
How many students attend S T E M Academy?
190 students attend S T E M Academy.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
92% of S T E M Academy students are Black, 6% of students are Hispanic, 1% of students are American Indian, and 1% of students are White.
What grades does S T E M Academy offer ?
S T E M Academy offers enrollment in grades 7-8
What school district is S T E M Academy part of?
S T E M Academy is part of Dolton School District 149.
Review S T E M Academy. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities