Salem High School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 637 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 19:1
- Minority Enrollment: 7%
- Graduation Rate: 80-84% (Btm 50% in OH)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50%
- Math Proficiency: 45-49% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 75-79% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), OH Dept. of Education
Salem High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Salem High School's ranking?
Salem High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for: Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
45-49% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 50% OH state average), while 75-79% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 57% OH state average).
What is the graduation rate of Salem High School?
The graduation rate of Salem High School is 80-84%, which is lower than the Ohio state average of 84%.
How many students attend Salem High School?
637 students attend Salem High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
93% of Salem High School students are White, 4% of students are Hispanic, 2% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Salem High School?
Salem High School has a student ration of 19:1, which is higher than the Ohio state average of 17:1.
What grades does Salem High School offer ?
Salem High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Salem High School part of?
Salem High School is part of Salem City School District.
Review Salem High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities