School Of Science & Technology
School Of Science & Technology places among the top 20% of public schools in Oregon for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- School Of Science & Technology's student population of 159 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||159 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- School Of Science & Technology is ranked within the top 1% of all 1,194 schools in Oregon (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OR)|
|Overall School Rank||#6 out of 1,194 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥90%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||20:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Beaverton 48j School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Beaverton Community School Grades: 9-12 | 162 students
1841 Sw Merlo Dr
Beaverton, OR 97003
(503)356-3650 0.0 9-12 162
- Beaverton Elmonica Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 606 students
16950 Sw Lisa Ct
Beaverton, OR 97006
(503)356-2080 0.7 K-5 606
- Beaverton International School Of Beaverton Grades: 6-12 | 884 students
17770 Sw Blanton St
Beaverton, OR 97078
(503)259-3800 1.2 6-12 884
- Beaverton Barnes Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 677 students
13730 Sw Walker Rd
Beaverton, OR 97005
(503)356-2130 1.4 K-5 677
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.