Scotland Neck Elementary School
Scotland Neck Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Scotland Neck Elementary School's student population of 252 students has grown by 77% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has grown by 40% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||252 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Scotland Neck Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#2418 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Halifax County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Halifax Southeast Halifax High School Grades: 9-12 | 302 students
16683 Hwy 125
Halifax, NC 27839
(252)445-2027 3.9 9-12 302
- Enfield Inborden Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 304 students
13587 Hwy 481
Enfield, NC 27823
(252)445-3525 8.0 PK-5 304
- Enfield Enfield Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 223 students
13723 Hwy 481
Enfield, NC 27823
(252)445-5502 8.4 6-8 223
- Tarboro North Edgecombe High School Grades: 9-12 | 243 students
7589 Nc 33-nw
Tarboro, NC 27886
(252)823-3562 12.6 9-12 243
- Battleboro Coker-wimberly Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 308 students
1619 Nc 97 West
Battleboro, NC 27809
(252)823-4446 13.7 PK-5 308
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.