South Central Calhoun Elementary Building
South Central Calhoun Elementary Building places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- South Central Calhoun Elementary Building's student population of 333 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2014)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||333 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Central Calhoun Elementary Building is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,239 schools in Iowa (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#84 out of 1239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥90%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥90%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||South Central Calhoun Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockwell City South Central Calhoun Middle School Grades: 4-8 | 316 students
1000 Tonawanda Avenue
Rockwell City, IA 50579
(712)297-8111 1.1 4-8 316
- Lake City South Central Calhoun High School Grades: 9-12 | 322 students
709 W Main St
Lake City, IA 51449
(712)464-7211 10.6 9-12 322
- Pomeroy Pocahontal Area Pomeroy Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 306 students
202 E Harrison
Pomeroy, IA 50575
(712)468-2268 10.7 PK-6 306
- Pomeroy Pomeroy High School Grades: 7-12 | 99 students
202 E Harrison St
Pomeroy, IA 50575
(712)468-2268 10.7 7-12 99
Nearby Homes for Sale
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.