South County Career Center
- South County Career Center's student population of 186 students has declined by 27% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||186 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South County Career Center's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#2653 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hillsborough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palmetto Palmetto Youth Academy Grades: 7-12 | 48 students
14494 Harlee Rd
Palmetto, FL 34221
(941)722-3700 4.5 7-12 48
- Palmetto The Port Academy Grades: 8-12 | 6 students
14470 Harlee Rd
Palmetto, FL 34221
(941)747-3011 4.6 8-12 6
- Ruskin Thompson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 832 students
2020 E Shell Point Rd
Ruskin, FL 33570
(813)938-1203 5.3 PK-5 832
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.