Viborg-Hurley School District 60-6 School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public high school in Viborg-Hurley School District 60-6 School District, serving 110 students.
- Public high school in Viborg-Hurley School District 60-6 School District have an average math proficiency score of 15% (versus the South Dakota public high school average of 44%), and reading proficiency score of 25% (versus the 66% statewide average). This district's average high school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public high schools in South Dakota.
- public high school in Viborg-Hurley School District 60-6 School District have a Graduation Rate of 80%, which is less than the South Dakota average of 81%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Viborg-hurley High School - 01, with ≥80% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in South Dakota or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Hispanic and American Indian), which is less than the South Dakota public high school average of 33% (majority American Indian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the South Dakota public high school average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Viborg-Hurley School District 60-6 School District|
|School District Website||http://viborg-hurley.k12.sd.us|
|School District Phone Number||(605)766-5418|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SD)|
|# of Schools||1 School||208 Schools|
|# of Students||110 Students||43,877 Students|
|# of Teachers||9 Teachers||2,785 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
- Viborg-Hurley School District 60-6 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 144 school districts in South Dakota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (SD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||9,672 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||751 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||3 Students||1,946 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 Student||1,201 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||104 Students||29,297 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||43 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||967 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||2|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||357|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||411|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||385|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||357|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||305|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||308|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||389|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||503|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||510|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||29||11,505|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||19||10,340|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||29||9,403|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||33||9,102|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,110 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,339. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $6,141 is less than the state average of $10,782. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SD)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$7,110||$11,339|
|Spending / Student||$6,141||$10,782|
Viborg-Hurley School District 60-6 School District Public High Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Viborg-hurley High School - 01 203 W Park Ave
Viborg, SD 57070
Grades: 9-12 | 110 students
Budget cuts continue to cripple school districts across the country, forcing some schools to make major cuts creatively. Learn about the current situation and how some public schools are coping with the budget shortfalls.
Since the recession, public school classrooms have seen major budget cuts - and many increases in class sizes. How is the situation in 2011? Read this article to find out.
As the ranks of homeschooled students grow, more parents are advocating for these students to join public school sports teams. Learn about both sides of the raging debate that has sparked controversy in several states.