Southampton Middle School
- Southampton Middle School's student population of 620 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||620 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Southampton Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#996 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Southampton Co Pblc Schs School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Courtland Southampton High School Grades: 9-12 | 807 students
23350 Southampton Pkwy
Courtland, VA 23837
(757)653-2751 0.1 9-12 807
- Newsoms Meherrin Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 309 students
28600 Grays Shop Rd.
Newsoms, VA 23874
(757)654-6461 5.0 PK-5 309
- Capron Capron Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 182 students
18414 Southampton Pky
Capron, VA 23829
(434)658-4348 5.6 PK-5 182
- Courtland Riverdale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 524 students
31023 Camp Parkway
Courtland, VA 23837
(757)562-3007 7.1 PK-5 524
- Franklin Fresh Start Center
23190 Sedley Road
Franklin, VA 23851
(757)562-2903 7.9 n/a n/a
I heard there were problems at SMS....but the staff has really impressed me. They work hard to resolve issues.
- Posted by Parent - jacki
I think that this school is very proper and it is better than Franklin Middle School.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - gagag
After massive budget cuts and claims of economic inequity within the state’s public school system, districts are taking matters in their own hands and suing the state for the mess.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.