Southside High School
Southside High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Southside High School's student population of 846 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||846 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Southside High School's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#636 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Etowah County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gadsden Southside Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 551 students
2551 Highway 77
Gadsden, AL 35907
(256)442-1090 0.4 K-5 551
- Rainbow City Etowah Co Spec Ed Learning Center Grades: PK-12
209a Grand Ave W
Rainbow City, AL 35906
(256)442-1050 2.9 PK-12 n/a
- Gadsden Eura Brown Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 347 students
1231 Alcott Rd
Gadsden, AL 35901
(256)546-0011 3.7 K-5 347
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.