Southwest Campus

  • Southwest Campus serves 3 students in grades 9-12.
  • The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-79% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 45%) for the 2017-18 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 40-59% (which is approximately equal to the Arizona state average of 44%) for the 2017-18 school year.
  • Southwest Campus placed in the top 30% of all schools in Arizona for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2017-18 school year.
  • Minority enrollment is 67% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the Arizona state average of 62% (majority Hispanic).

Top Placements

Southwest Campus places among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:

School Overview

  • Southwest Campus's student population of 3 students has declined by 93% over five school years.
  • The teacher population of 9 teachers has grown by 50% over five school years.
School TypeVocational school
Grades OfferedGrades 9-12
Total Students3 students
This chart display total students of Southwest Campus by year, with the latest 2017-18 school year data.
Gender % This chart display gender of Southwest Campus
Total Classroom Teachers9 teachers
This chart display the total teachers of Southwest Campus by year, with the latest 2017-18 school year data.
Students by Grade This chart display the students of Southwest Campus by grade.

School Comparison

  • Southwest Campus is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,111 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
  • The diversity score of Southwest Campus is 0.45, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.65. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year DataThis SchoolState Level (AZ)
Overall Testing Rank#503 out of 2111 schools
(Top 30%)
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)60-79%
45%
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)40-59%
44%
Student : Teacher Ration/a19:1
American Indian
n/a
6%
Asian
n/a
3%
This chart display the percentage of Asian students in Southwest Campus and the percentage of Asian public school students in Arizona by year, with the latest 2017-18 school year data.
Hispanic
67%
45%
This chart display the percentage of Hispanic students in Southwest Campus and the percentage of Hispanic public school students in Arizona by year, with the latest 2017-18 school year data.
Black
n/a
5%
This chart display the percentage of Black students in Southwest Campus and the percentage of Black public school students in Arizona by year, with the latest 2017-18 school year data.
White
33%
38%
This chart display the percentage of White students in Southwest Campus and the percentage of White public school students in Arizona by year, with the latest 2017-18 school year data.
Hawaiian
n/a
n/a
Two or more races
n/a
3%
This chart display the percentage of students of two or more races in Southwest Campus and the percentage of public school students of two or more races in Arizona by year, with the latest 2017-18 school year data.
All Ethnic Groups This chart display the percentage breakdown of students of all ethnic groups in Southwest Campus. This chart display the percentage breakdown of public school students of all ethnic groups in AZ.
Diversity Score0.450.65
This chart display the diversity score of Southwest Campus and the public school average diversity score of Arizona by year, with the latest 2017-18 school year data.
School Statewide TestingView Education Department Test Scores
School District NameWest-Mec - Western Maricopa Education Center School District
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, AZ Dept. of Education

Nearby Public Schools

Show me:

School Reviews

Review Southwest Campus. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

  • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
  • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities

I am a:

Name or Alias:

Your review:

Rate this school:
Recent Articles
What happens when a school district stops busing students? Could segregation once again be a reality for public school districts? Wake County in North Carolina is testing the segregation waters with its decision to stop busing students in their district.
With the end of the “No Child Left Behind” program looming, it appears that almost 80% of our country’s schools will get a failing grade, according to federal standards. Could waivers help repair the broken NCLB program?
Whopping cough is making a comeback, especially amongst children, prompting health officials to encourage pertussis vaccines and boosters. However, should the pertussis vaccine be required for public school enrollment? Learn about current proposed laws and its ramifications.